This year has been quite the year for me. So many things have changed in my life and so many new opportunities have presented themselves. I have seen God work in my life this year more than ever. I have seen Him open and close doors, and watched and waited for His timing. So many ups and downs were brought to me and it amazes me how much I have changed in this past year. I sit here and look back on what my life was like on this day last year, and I cannot believe how different life is now.
I never make New Year’s Resolutions, mostly because I can never keep them. But this year, I am making them and I intend to keep them. I hope and pray that they can influence me to do better and become my new normal.
10 Resolutions for 2017:
10) Drink more water– I am really bad about drinking water, and when I do it isn’t much. I want water to become what I drink daily and not have to rely on soda for energy. I want to eat healthier as well. Junk food can be good, but it’s called junk food for a reason.
9) Exercise daily- I want to exercise daily to get back into shape and be a healthier person. I want to push myself to where I feel good every day because of getting daily exercise.
8) Focus on the good- I want to be able to focus on the good that is happening in my life. I want to look at my life in the middle of a trial, being fully reliant on God and have peace because I know that good will come of it.
7) Failure- I know that I will fail. I want failure to push me to do better and work harder. I will not let failure or mistakes define who I am. I will not let them stop me from moving forward.
6) Find Joy- This ties very closely to focusing on the good, but I want to have joy and happiness every day. I want to find the good in everyday and be able to focus on it.
5) Stress less- If you know me at all, then you know that I am stressed about something 95% of the time. I have found it to be unhealthy and it steals my happiness. I want to worry less and put my full trust in God. I know that He is working things out and worrying about them will not change my current situation.
4) Love others- I want to be a more loving, kind, and caring person than I was last year. I want my love for God and others to pour out of me daily. I want to be quick to forgive and quick to apologize. I want to be more grateful this year.
3) Push Myself- I want to push myself to do better in school these next 16 weeks, as I am hoping to graduate in May. I want to do well in my classes and get better grades. I want to push myself to chase after the crazy dreams God has given to me and pursue them wholeheartedly.
2) Focus- I want to focus on God and depend more on Him. I want to give my fears to Him daily trusting in Him that He will provide. I want to focus on the things He has given to me and the plans He is placing in my life. I want to completely focus on God and live life for Him no matter what everyone else is doing.
1) Humble myself- It is so easy for me to think that I know what is going to happen every step of the way and feel so prideful. I want to humble myself so that the Lord can work through me. I do not want to become prideful and arrogant, but rather a humble servant of the Lord.
I hope that the Lord uses all of you in ways you didn’t know. God bless and Happy New Year.